Wednesday 13 July 2011

Organics vs Biodynamic



The photos above were taken on our recent field trip to Crieghtons Creek.

I've started on the Joshi Holistic Detox. Dr Joshi.... holistic guru to the rich and famous, with devotees such as Gweneth Paltrow, Madonna, Ralph Fiennes...to 'name drop' a few, all advocating his brilliance. This not being the reason why I chose the Joshi Detox but it does add to the fun.
Day 2 and all is going reasonably well, aside from a slight headache. Nothing a cup of detox tea and a lie down didn't fix.

The words 'organic' and 'biodynamic' are bandied around frequently. However, I must admit, I've been a little unclear on the differences between the two until reading Dr Joshi's book. For those of you who may have the same haziness over these two words.... this is what I discovered. Although they are both similar, in that neither use chemicals or GMO's (genetically modified organisms), biodynamic farming is the 'holistic' approach. The farming practices enrich the plant and soil quality rather than deplete them.

I also wasn't aware that Rudolph Steiner, famous these days for his alternative schooling system, was the founder of Biodynamics.
Saffron Rouge have a page dedicated to 'Organics vs Biodynamic' on their site if you're interested in reading more.

Here's to healthy eating and kicking my winter sluggishness.... you cows are safe with me. Happy hump day everyone. xx

2 comments:

Melissa@Vidastyle said...

I didn't realise Steiner was a founder of Bio dynamics either. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know you enjoyed the recipe.

Adventures with Dementia said...

Pleasure! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...