Thursday 28 July 2011

crafty mags that make me swoon....


My all time favourite textiles mag is Selvedge. There's an online subscription but somehow I don't think I can go past the joy of holding a copy in my hot little hands.

The beloved Frankie. I love the fact that you can now buy this brilliant little mag in the supermarket. Move over Women's Weekly and hooray to the fab Brisbane lady, Louise Bannister! (There's a great clip over at the ABC website from the 2010 Semi-Permanent Design event of Louise talking on 'Frankie Magazine: How To Launch A Successful Mag' which is well worth checking out....Sherry!)

Local Melbourne A5 mag Profile a small print publication (250 print run...so be quick)is interview based, heavy on inspiration both via text and photos...and launches today. Here's to a successful and ever expanding print run guys. Well done.

Craft: transforming traditional craft. A wealth of information. You could honestly get lost over there for HOURS! Be warned.

Paper Runway a hot new magazine where passion meets paper. They feature the latest paper sculptors, artists, illustrators, creators and quick DIY projects. It'll definitely make you want to whip out the craft box and get those scissors clicking.

Not craft, I know, but another mag I love to flip through Green magazine. The St Kilda library has a great collection of back issues too.... although any of you locals may want to wait a few weeks until I return my stash.

Over and out with another quote. This one by Albert Einstein "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." xox

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...