Friday 1 July 2011

Making Daily life more beautiful, fun & functional.



I came across this line when researching Marianne Westman's designs and was instantly sold Marianne made the Swedish daily life both more beautiful, more fun - and more functional. That, to me, speaks volumes about what life is about. Marianne is in her 80's now and her work is still as fresh and inspiring as it was 30 years ago.

These images certainly inspire a sense of beauty and fun in the practical.

New House Textiles in the Uk have aquired the rights to reproduce Marianne's designs and have a fantastic collection of vintage design tea towels.

If you're looking for something a little more local, however. How about printing your own tea towels. Harvest Texiles, in Brunswick, run some fantastic courses to get you going. Ohh, so many courses. I'd like to do this one, this one and this one..... to start with.

Have a fun filled weekend! A week of dreaming.... and now we're off to the country for a couple of nights. We can't wait(a huge thank you to my dear friend N, for covering my bacon and doing my babysitting duties....next year I'll need to invest in a year planner on one page...I completely forgot to flip the page before making plans. Sorry). xox

2 comments:

ladle said...

oh i love new house textiles ladle, have made a few purchases from there! xx

Adventures with Dementia said...

Oh, I new you would Ladle. Always a Ladle of great style. xox

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...