Tuesday 10 April 2012

Gotta love a fart joke in challenging circumstances!


Here's a mosaic of photos from our recent hike. I'll be adding more photos to the Flickr set over the next week or so, time permitting.
It really was an incredible adventure one I'd highly recommend. It was exhilarating on so many levels, physically & emotionally. At times I really had to dig deep and find my sense of humor in places I thought it had long vacated. As an adult I know I certainly don't laugh as much as I used to (I can see my poor father shudder at the prospect of me and my carefree ways creeping in) but it felt like a huge relief to laugh at the ridiculous. To see the humor in the fact that we chose to do this walk! Even though it was incredibly challenging we would break down into fits of laughter over the silliest things.... stupid things, like fart jokes or someone slipping....the site of our dehydrated meals....or an urge to pee in the middle of the night, waking the entire campsite. Basic things, things that would crack up a couple of kids in the back seat of a car...to the dismay of their parents 'trying to concentrate'. It reminded me that introducing a little more humor into my everyday would be such a huge relief. Really, why so serious?!
It's also such a great feeling knowing we've conquered 75km's of the 95km GOW, from Blanket Bay to the 12 Apostles.
We've decided to head down for another girls weekend to Apollo Bay in August. That way we don't have to wait a whole year for our next adventure (or fart joke!) and can finish the last (or first, rather) 20kms and complete the entire track!

Next year....maybe, Wilson's Prom or the Grampians?

Seems fitting that Chris Guillebeau from The Art of Non-Conformity has a post today on 34 Things I’ve Learned About Life and Adventure. Here's to more adventures, near and far, and definitely more humor.

xox

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...