We arrived in Norway 3 days ago and it feels like we've been here for a month already, in a good way. Our friends A, C & S, who live part time in Elwood, have been the most incredible hosts. A & I met at meditation over a year ago & made an instant connection.
We are staying in A's music room in a small town, Saltnes, south of Oslo. It's about an hours drive from the capital.
We have all fallen in love with the traditional red timber cottages dotting the Norwegian landscape and the relaxed way of life here....in the summertime!
Highlights have been:
- the generous hospitality of our friends!
- the weather, the sun has been out most of our stay.....which apparently is no mean feat here in Norway, even in the summer.
- a girls trip to see Nabucco, Verdi's Opera at Fredrikstad Fort, Halden
- a boat trip around the surrounding coast & buying local fish at a tiny seaside village, Engelsviken, for dinner.
- a visit to Solberg Tower...a project that cost 47 million to build... it's an incredible building, 30m high which gives a historical view of the history from the Ice Age to present day in the surrounding area.
- lunch in Sweden...but I'll save that for another post. xx