Friday 24 February 2012

Homemade Blackerry Jam


Z and I went to visit my cousin and their new little baby, the darling Ethan, on Wednesday. He is such a sweetheart. We snuck a glance while he was all tucked up in bed sleeping soundly. I can't wait to head back for a cuddle shortly. Those teeny tiny babies are so precious, especially when they're sleeping so soundly, bundled up and all dreamy. At an 11.6lb birth weight dear Ethan was not so teeny tiny but ever so precious.

While we were chatting my cousins husband went out and picked around 1.5kgs of fresh Blackberries for us. So yesterday, following a recipe given to me by my friend A, we made our first batch of Blackberry Jam. We used lemon juice instead of pectin and this morning upon turning the jars upside down I can say we have perfectly set jam! Hooray.

This recipe here follows a similar process to the one we used. I sterilised our jars & lids in the oven, 120 degress celcius, while cooking the jam.... so the hot jars and hot jam were ready to go once the perfect consistency was reached. So simple a Z loved the volcanic like eruption of crimson lava from the gently rolling fruit as much as I did.

Now for a taste test. I hope your weekend is sweet & fruity. xox

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...