Tuesday 11 October 2011

Sewing & a sick Sheriff


My little Z is under the weather so we've been spending quiet days at home this week. To keep myself sane while housebound for long stretches I've been doing a spot of sewing (I could be doing housework, filing or cleaning out the bulging linen cupboard but somehow none of these tasks appeal. Oops...ok this afternoon. I promise).
This morning I whipped up the above quilt top. The fabric comes from vintage pillow cases I purchased at the Lorne Op Shop some time back and the green linen is from an old tea towel of Doo's. They work really well together. Next I just need to decide on the border colour, backing and binding.



In the meantime, I'm going to make a pair of these for the Sheriff out of this cute Liberty fabric which I picked up on the weekend at Tesutti. Oh Tesutti, how I love thee. x

2 comments:

Bruise Mouse said...

That quilt brings back a lot of memories. My sister and I both had a set of those sheets in the late 70s/early 80s. It is amazing how vividly I remember these. I will need to see if Mum still has them.
Happy sewing.

Adventures with Dementia said...

What a coincidence! I fell in love with them instantly, they're so sweet. i hope your mum still has them stashed somewhere for you. Here's to happy memories.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...