Monday 19 December 2011

Christmas in a rusty Holden ute


We spent the weekend down on the coast for my Dad's birthday.
Yes, the chairs...in part (I could only fit 3 in the car with all our luggage & ourselves, a small oversight)... were delivered! Hooray. They look great.
The limoncello was a hit. Icy cold & sipped slowly, it was amazingly good. Orders have been placed for more, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

Z had a lovely time hanging out with his cousins. Christmas is a time I have such fond memories of spending with all my cousins. My mum was one of 8 children so Christmas was a hugely exciting affair with a never ending amount of presents (or so it seemed). It's lovely to see this continue with Z. The delight and excitement of seeing one another (almost) outweighing the consumerist side of Christmas. How nice it was to be away from Melbourne and nowhere near the craziness of here the week prior to Christmas.

Saturday night we all spent, on the lawn in the main street, for Carols by Candlelight. A highlight for me was the 'Aussie' version of Jingle Bells! Something, in all my years, I've never heard before...How have I missed this?

Jungle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way
Christmas in Australia
On a scorching summers day
Jungle Bell, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut
Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden ute.


xox

5 comments:

Bruise Mouse said...

It sounds like an amazing time.

ladle said...

ladle, i will always remember christmases with your family - soooo much fun! xx

Adventures with Dementia said...

It was a lovely time BM. A perfect warm up to Christmas.
Ladle, I'm glad you have fond memories too. It was such a great time with plenty of laughs. xox

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

I love family get togethers.
Glad the limoncello was a hit too.

Adventures with Dementia said...

A total hit thanks CHFG. I know I've said it before but you're such an incredible resource for tasty treats. A big thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...