Saturday 3 August 2013

another lake....this time Como.






We are feeling pretty relaxed after 3 days here in Pognana Lario, Lake Como. Pognana is a small village located halfway between Como & Bellagio.  I have full respect for the LF getting us here in one piece. There was a point I almost ended up in tears....the road is harrowing!  Swimming, crazy driving,  tight roads, antipasto, gelato, queasy bus trips, ferry rides, relishing the the sounds & smells of small town Italian living, more swimming and abundant love for this place..... that just about sums up the last 3 days.  We loved Menaggio, Bellagio & Verena. So much so that we missed the last bus home from Bellagio one night. A blessing is disguise really. The cab was practically a limo, way smoother and WAY LESS honking than the bus. We have the most incredible views (right across the lake to George's place, I kid you not!).  I could write more about the joys of Lake Como but I am off the lap up the last of our time here.  Tomorrow Montese. Night xx

3 comments:

Bruise Mouse said...

Another gorgeous set of photos.
I had to have a giggle at almost being in tears (sorry) as I know I would have been exactly the same. What an amazing destination. Makes it all worth it. XX

Anonymous said...

Dearest Mel and family! Your travels through Europe sound amazing - and Mel, you're doing the most incredible job with your blog! Love your photos and travel journal entries. I think of you often, and drive by your house almost every day. Things seem to be in order...
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy every minute of your European adventure! You are missed here and I can't wait to hear more over a cuppa once you're back!
Lots of love from all of us! M & co

Adventures with Dementia said...

Oh BM, we had to reverse up a tiny street, two way, cars parked either side with no way of seeing what was coming. Ahhhhh! Such a beautiful location. it really was worth it once the nerves settled....and we took the bus!
Thank you M! Lovely to hear from you. I bet it brings back feelings of your adventure last year! I am really looking forward to a catch up. It seems like forever ago now. Hope you are surviving Melbourne winter. Big hugs and love to you and the family. xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...