I’m slowly getting together some research for our trip.... We are heading to Europe for 3 months & it's coming around so quickly! 5 weeks to go arrgggghhhh. I'm bookmarking websites, booking tickets and generally getting a feel for some of the things we’ll slot into our days. Paris has been on my radar today and here are a couple of inspiring sites I’ve come across. I’m so excited. Dreaming of exploring the back streets, cozy cafe’s and pastries-a-plenty in the city of love. Woo hoo.
Paris in Four Months
Little Pieces of Light
Carla Coulson’s Paris Favourites
101 cookbooks guide to Paris
Un Jour de Plus a Paris
As we’re staying in the Marais Part 1 & Part 2 of Carla’s 'My Marais' posts will come in very handy!
If you have any additional tips on Paris I'd love to hear...especially any geared around Paris with kids.
Thanks for all the additional information people. I'll update this post as new information comes to me. That way I can keep it all in one place and hopefully aid others looking for handy tips on discovering Paris. See 'Read more.'.
Accomodation booked via Airbnb
A great list of Galleries, Art Lovers Paris over on Girls Guide to Paris.
Ladle's quick restaurant tips for the Marais: Le Petit Marche, Chez Janou & Cafe Charlot. Cafe Charlot looks incredible & hooray, oh so close to our apartment. Thanks lalde. x
NeoBento Feel good food just around the corner from our apartment. Specialising in Bento boxes. Yes please!
Paris with kids @ Luvaville
The best gelato: Pozzetto
The best old-fashioned candy store in the world: À la Mère de la Famille.
Bec's Travel tips. Thanks Bec! This is Gold.
1. The Pompidou Center/ Beaubourg is a great destination and has a Children's Gallery, plus events on Sundays for the family.
2. Le Jardin du Luxembourg, also known as "Le Luco", has toy boats, ponies, playground, merry go rounds etc. There is even a Children's Theater with puppet shows.
3. Le Jardin d'Acclimatation, located in Neuilly, is a full day trip but its good. A bit more theme park style. I think there is a website you can check out.
4. Eiffel Tower: Jim and I had both done this before so we skipped it….massive, massive lines. There is an aquarium close by Aquarium at Trocadero if its too much on arrival. The park underneath is née to just lie around and watch people take ridiculous photos.
5. Aquaboulevard is a waterside park incase it is really hot, or there is a pool with chairs etc on The Siene can't remember its name?
6. Take (adult) turns for go out for a bike ride. They really have the hire/share bike thing sorted and it is a great way to see the city.
RESTAURANTS that are children-friendly
L'ile is a restaurant located in Issy les Moulineaux, not far from the center of Paris, which offers a children's menu for 19 euros on weekends and holidays.This includes entertainment by clowns, magicians, face painters. After quickly devouring their lunches the little angels can run off and play while you enjoy your meal at leisure. Parc Ile Saint Germain, 170, quai de Stalingrad 92130. + 33 1 41 09 99 99
L'Appart is a darling place to take children for Sunday brunch. A little cooking class is organized during the meal so that the children can make their own desserts!
Pavilion des Oiseaux is a super restaurant located in the Jardin d'Acclimatation. Ideal for lunch, it offers a variety of buffets that will entice little ones and adults. Plus, after the children have finished their lunches they can play in the garden adjacent to their parents' table. Jardin d'Acclimatation, Bois de Boulogne 75016. +33 1 40 67 90 82
Bonpoint is a top of the line children's boutique located a few steps from the Jardin du Luxembourg. They have opened a friendly restaurant which is an ideal destination for a family with children or girlfriend getaway brunch. 8, rue de Tournon 75006. +33 1 40 51 98 20
Le Chalet des Iles Take a little boat ride to an island in the middle of the Bois du Boulogne and enjoy a lovely meal year round -- winter at the warmth of the fireplace or summer on the terrace. Ideal location for lunch with children who can play freely and safely.
Lac Interieur du Bois du Boulogne 75016 . +33 1 42 88 04 69
Joe Allen is the American brunch par excellence! Try the fabulous eggs benedict, sumptuous salades, pancakes and more. The mood is convivial and the clientele is young. A nice place on a pedestrian lane. 30, rue Pierre Lescot 75001. +33 1 42 36 70 13
Le Floors is located in a former furniture store on three floors in the heights of Montmartre. Very trendy atmosphere to enjoy a good burger or BLT. +33 1 42 62 08 68